Throw on your best garden party attire and
join us for this larger than life event on
June 27, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
Be sure to RSVP for access to the event premiere link on our Facebook page or our website.
And don’t forget to enter the
Become a 40th Anniversary Sponsor and receive your very own Children’s Festival Activity Box here.
*Included in the Children’s Festival Activity Box.
Share your captured moments with #IStageFest20.
Here is a digital list of supplies you’ll need to follow along with our Children’s Festival activities:
Pre-event Paper Flower Decorations and Headpieces
Led by three amazing members of the Imagination Stage production team. Get your garden party decor ready in time for the event on June 27! Parental Supervision is highly recommended.
Click here for instructions and how-to videos.
Coffee Filter Butterflies/Flowers- Our very own Master Electrician, Bethany Regalbuto, will demonstrate how to make flowers and butterflies with coffee filters and craft supplies.
- Basket style coffee filters- Like these
- Pipe cleaner- Like these
- Washable markers- Like these
- Water- Just a little bit!
Paint Flowers- Costume Shop Manager, Anna Klinger, will lead you through the steps of creating a unique flower that you can paint with your family.
- Craft paint- Choose your favorite colors!- Like these
- Dowel, stick, or wooden skewer- Like these
- Glue or tape
- Magazines or paper bags- Anything you have at home!
Tissue Paper Flowers*– Alysha Devries, Assistant Costume Shop Manager, has created a guide on how to make beautiful flowers out of tissue paper.
Event Activities and Supplies in Order of Appearance
Please order the supplies ahead of time to be prepared for the event.
Please read ahead on the day of to prepare for the next activity.
Brain Break- Follow along in this highly interactive activity led by our wonderful Director of Education and Theatre for Change, utilizing your entire actor’s toolbox. You will work together to complete a group story or come up with new ideas for an improv game.
Thumbelina, A Kamishibai*- Kamishibai is a form of visual and participatory storytelling that combines the use of hand drawn visuals with the engaging narration of a live presenter. Instructions are included in the activity box.
Please click here for instructions and a great video demonstrating the origin and craft of Kamishibai.
- A color printer, or some way to print out the placards
- 32 sheets of paper (If you have cardstock, all the better!)
- Tape (Scotch tape or a glue stick will work!)
Team Yoo Taekwondo- We will be kicking, punching, and spinning while learning more about taekwondo.
- High Energy
Kids Move & Learn- Can you find it? Go on a scavenger hunt!
Parents: Participants will need access to colorful objects (red, yellow, orange, green, blue, and purple) within their environment to follow along.
The Red Bandana Bakery*- Dessert time! Bake your favorite cookies and follow along to create a fun and unique cookie!
- Baked cookies- Perfect time to bake together or buy your favorite kind!
- Piping bags or Ziploc bags with zipper
- Royal icing
- Sprinkles- Whatever kind you want!
- Click here for a wonderful kit including all these supplies created by The Red Bandana Bakery!
Virtual Dance Party*- Get jiggy with it! Dance until you drop!
- Glow sticks- The best accessory for dancing!- Like these
Share your favorite moments using the hashtag #IStageFest20 and don’t forget to tag us!
When finding any of these supplies, please use AmazonSmile to benefit Imagination Stage! Help us keep our mission alive.