About Sensory-Friendly and ASL-Interpreted Shows
Did you know that Imagination Stage offers sensory-friendly performances and ASL interpreted performances?
Imagination Stage's Sensory-Friendly events are designed to be more accessible to individuals who have sensory-sensitivities. Our sensory-friendly performances provide a safe and welcoming environment where audience members can simply relax and be who they are.
Adaptations for Sensory-Friendly performances include:
- A pre-visit social story, video, and other preparatory materials for parents and children explaining what to expect from the performance;
- Glow sticks raised to share when a surprise will happen on stage;
- Reduction of the sound level and bright stage lighting;
- Low lighting in the house so patrons can easily move around or exit the theatre;
- Limited crowds and "seating holes" to allow space between parties;
- Designated spaces for those who need a quieter area to take a break;
- Allowance for the use of tablets and smartphones for communication.
For ASL interpreted performances:
We strongly recommend that when purchasing tickets, you identify that you will be utilizing ASL interpretation so we can seat your party accordingly. Please note that our Patron Services staff is trained to receive calls through relay.