There are no full-time positions open at this time.
The Receptionist is responsible for supplying information regarding the organization to the general public, attending to visitors and dealing with inquiries on the phone and face-to-face. Receptionist is also responsible for other duties as delegated by the Office Manager & Facilities Associate. This is a part-time hourly position with variable hours, 8-20 hours/week, which may include Saturdays, Sundays, evenings, and/or weekdays.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Open and close the building as needed
- Monitor front entrances, and greet, assist, and direct incoming patrons
- Print and post morning schedule and room reports
- Answer phone, take and return messages, and direct calls to the appropriate person(s)
- Respond to requests for information on the phone and in person
- Distribute mail, collect and meter outgoing mail
- Provide for pick-up of letters, packages, etc. by courier or other services
- Ensure that reception and lobby areas are kept clean and neat
- Post building notices/messages for incoming patrons
- Adhere to Imagination Stage policies and procedures
- Take on other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office, Google, etc.)
- Ability to work on simultaneous tasks in an active office
- Pleasant and tactful telephone manner
- Excellent people skills and customer service focused attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Ability to work under pressure and to think quickly
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team
- A sense of humor is a must
Ability to read and interpret documents. Computer literacy required. Ability to write routine correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of patrons (parents and children) or employees of the organization.
The employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear while performing this job. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Frequently work in noisy environment and work closely with large crowds of people.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to [email protected]
DATABASE AND IT ASSOCIATE (TEMPORARY)
Database & IT Associate
Imagination Stage is seeking a temporary part-time Database & IT Associate to work now through the end of December 2019. The Database and IT Associate provides front-line support to Imagination Stage staff in the maintenance and use of various databases and software, including but not limited to Tessitura and Wordfly. Additionally, the Database and IT Associate supports the Database & Analytics Manager and the Facilities & IT Manager in supporting staff with basic IT support needs for both hardware and software systems. This is a 20 hour per week position, 4 hours per day Monday-Friday, hours flexible but to be worked between our core hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Running daily and weekly integrity checks of Tessitura
- Running daily Contribution procedure
- Running daily database cleanup procedures
- Overseeing daily database Capacity procedures for Classes/Camps
- Overseeing daily Constituent Merge procedure
- Oversee Database and IT Job Tickets, address and resolve issues as they come through
- Handle fundamental Tessitura and WordFly troubleshooting questions, which may entail extended amounts of time on the phone with Tech Support
- Able to quickly build fundamental Lists, Extractions and Reports in Tessitura
- Able to quickly build basic Pages and Performances in TNEW
- Able to quickly build basic Dashboards and T-Stats
- Working knowledge of Campaigns, Appeals, Actions, Exports, Batches, Gifts, Memberships and Registrations
- Assist with creating Tessitura Practices and Procedures documentation
- Assist with Tessitura Staff Training when needed
- Handle fundamental Computer and Printer troubleshooting (PC and Mac)
- Assist with Computer Setup
- Assist with internet related troubleshooting
- Serve as a point of contact with our remote IT administration team, Tech Impact
- Create support tickets with Tech Impact for larger IT issues
- Assist with basic IT related trainings
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working consistently with Tessitura
- Prior experience providing IT support in a professional setting desirable
- Superior Excel skills
- Proficient on both PC and Mac
- Strong communication skills to translate technical information to staff members who do not have a tech background
- Ability to communicate clearly using appropriate terminology to interact with Tessitura support team, Tech Impact, and Database Manager
- Patient and flexible in approaching work, with strong creative problem-solving skills
- Works well under deadlines, calm under pressure
- Able to work methodically and independently
Please send a resume, cover letter, and three professional references using this form.
Application deadline: August 18, 2019 or until filled
Imagination Stage is always looking for experienced teachers for its onsite classes and satellite programming in DC, MD and Northern VA. Imagination Stage teaching artists are contracted on a freelance, per class, basis, and work a variety of schedules based on semester needs and teacher availability. Both weekday and weekend hours available.
For lead teaching artists, ideal candidates have a BA in Theatre, Theatre/Music Education, or Early Elementary Education and 2+ years of teaching theatre for young people.
Seeking teaching artists comfortable creating and leading creative drama and/or technique based curriculum. Directors also needed for student productions; opportunities available during the school year as well as summer.
Seeking experienced dancers to instruct classes in Jazz, Tap, Musical Theatre Dance, Modern, and/or Hip Hop dance. Choreographers are also needed for Musical Theatre camps and productions.
VOCAL INSTRUCTORS/MUSIC DIRECTORS
Our instruction model requires our vocal instructors/music directors to have piano accompaniment skills. Music Directors are also needed for Musical Theatre camps and productions.
EARLY CHILDHOOD TEACHERS
We seek teachers with a background in theatre artistry and early education as well as experience in implementing lessons that utilize storytelling, multi-sensory play, and that integrates the theatre arts with early childhood development.
An inclusion facilitator is a member of the classroom staff who helps to facilitate friendships between students with and without disabilities, models class activities and positive and respectful ways for students to interact, and collaborates with the classroom teacher to support positive behavior, provide accommodations, and create an inclusive environment for students with disabilities.
Assistant teachers support the classroom teacher in preparation and implementation, and models classroom work for the students.
Interested teachers should submit a resume, cover letter, and references to:
Associate Director of Education
Please list all the teaching positions you are interested in.
There are no fellowship positions open at this time.
Imagination Stage is looking for friendly and responsible volunteer ushers in our professional theatre. Responsibilities include taking tickets, selling concessions, seating patrons and assisting with patron concerns. Flexible schedule includes weekend mornings and afternoons, with occasional evenings.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Imagination Stage is an SSL approved organization. Students ages 15 and up can earn community service hours by volunteering at Imagination Stage.
Imagination Stage operates under an Actors Equity Theatre for Young Audiences contract and does not participate in the Equity Membership Candidate program. We hire Equity and Non-Equity actors who are 18 years and older. If we are in need of an actor who is under the age of 18 this information will be clearly stated on all casting materials.
Equity Principal Auditions for the 2019/2020 Season will be held on Monday, February 25th from 12pm to 4pm. To schedule an appointment please email us at [email protected]
In addition, every year Imagination Stage attends DC/Baltimore Equity Liaison Committee Auditions. These auditions will be held on Monday, March 18th. Please contact the Liaison Committee for further Information.
For general inquiries or more information about auditioning at Imagination Stage, please email [email protected]
Imagination Stage is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It does not tolerate discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.