Early Childhood Teaching Artists Needed for Arts Residencies
Imagination Stage is looking for experienced early childhood teaching artists for in-person pre-school arts residencies in Washington D.C. for 3-4 year old children starting in school year 2021-2022. Applicants should demonstrate a vested interest in young children and the arts. We will provide training to familiarize successful applicants with our teaching philosophy and methods and guidance with curriculum and lesson planning. This is a 40-week commitment starting in late August/ early September that will have a total of 4-5, morning to early afternoon teaching hours per week, Monday-Friday. Additional teaching hours with Imagination Stage may be available. Compensation is $41 per teaching hour. We will contact you directly to set up an interview.
- Working from a provided curriculum outline and support materials, including age-appropriate developmental goals, create lesson plans for each week in areas including drama, music, movement, and visual art
- Implement lesson plans, incorporating various teaching aids and props, to create a multi-sensory experience
- Report to the School Partnerships Manager at Imagination Stage for weekly check-ins
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience required (with age 3-5 population)
- Creative Drama, Music, Movement, and/or Visual Arts experience preferred
- Degree in Early Childhood Education, Early Elementary Education, or Theatre preferred
- Ability to speak another language (particularly Spanish) a plus
Imagination stage celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that values member of our whole community. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Bekah Elles, our Education Coordinator, at [email protected].