Imagination Stage depends on volunteers to serve the many patrons who pass through our doors. Our Ushers perform some of the most important jobs on behalf of Imagination Stage, including greeting our patrons, collecting their tickets, helping them to their seats and ensuring that every experience they have at Imagination Stage helps us meet our mission of helping all young people discover their voice and identity through performing arts education and
professional theatre. Imagination Stage celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that values members of our whole community. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Everyone ages 12 and up*! Ushering is open to all abilities.**
*A parent, guardian, or group chaperone must accompany volunteers ages 12-14. ** All Volunteers who are eligible for the COVID-19 Vaccine must be fully vaccinated by the date of volunteering.
Most usher shifts are during the day on Saturdays and Sundays; holiday performances include weekdays, Tuesday through Friday. Shifts start an hour prior to show time. Shows are typically at 1:30 and 4 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday and 11:00 a.m. during the holiday weekday performances. Occasional evening hours are also available.
All black with closed-toed shoes.
● The joy of helping hundreds of kids and families experience live theatre!
● See the show for FREE during your shift.
● Earn 1.5 tickets per usher shift that can be used to come back to see the show again as a guest or see an additional show at Imagination Stage.
● Tickets can also be given to family and friends.
● Flexibility! Take one shift occasionally or come weekly.
How to Sign Up
If you have any questions, or want to sign up, contact us by email at [email protected] or phone at (301) 280-1660.