Patron Services Coordinator
- Full Time
REPORTS TO: Patron Services Manager
POSITION STATUS: Full time, 40 hours/week- four weekdays and one weekend day each week, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., during show run. Monday through Friday schedule otherwise. Will include some holidays and evenings.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
This position is responsible for supporting the Patron Services Manager and box office operations with special attention to front of house needs including identifying, scheduling, and training house managers and volunteer ushers; resolving patron challenges; and fostering a warm and welcoming environment for all guests. The Patron Services Coordinator also supports sales operations as a ticket seller and education class registrations as a registrar.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Box Office Management
- Serve as deputy for Patron Services Manager.
- In collaboration with the Patron Services Manager, hire, train, and supervise Part-time Patron Services Associates and receptionists. Assist Patron Services Manager with scheduling when needed.
- Manage team communication around day-to-day policies, procedures, and promotions. Be the first line for questions and support for the guest experience team.
- Serve as Manager on Duty, selling tickets, processing subscription and registrations, and resolving guest experience concerns.
- Manage day-of logistics for group sales and birthday parties.
- Work with the Database Manager and Patron Services Manager to ensure accurate use of Tessitura database by all team members.
- Manage Imagination Stage ticket donation, staff comps, and gift certificate programs.
- Enforce Imagination Stage Box Office policies and procedures, including box office security and cash handling procedures.
- General phone sales, registration, and field trip support as needed. Assist Patron Services Department as needed with other Box Office duties.
Front of House Management
- Recruit, train, schedule, and manage all volunteer ushers.
- Hire, schedule, train, and manage paid house managers. Serve as lead house manager with “ownership” over house management and usher programs.
- As a part of the patron services team, collaborate with marketing, facilities, and production departments to resolve front of house challenges including signage, seating, and other concerns as they arise.
- Provide support during special events as required.
- Maintain Guest Experience Zone.
- With part-time registrars, enter class and camp registrations in database.
- Update classes and student information in Tessitura software, ensuring that all registration information is entered chronologically and efficiently
- Communicate with the Education Department to troubleshoot problems, creating and maintaining waitlists, and answering emails and phone calls from parents.
- Experience demonstrating critical thinking and problem solving
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Excel and Word, Google Applications (email, sheets, forms, etc).
- Previous experience with database systems preferred. Previous experience with Tessitura strongly preferred.
- Stellar, demonstrated, customer service and people management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines including schedules.
- Ability to coordinate with multiple departments.
- Supremely organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and to think quickly to solve internal problems and resolve patron issues.
- Motivated, proactive, and self-directed.
- A theatrical or entertainment background is not a prerequisite, though it is helpful.
- Ability to be part of a team and have a sense of humor.
- Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility (IDEA) initiatives and values.
The staff member performing this job will have to:
- Seat patrons in all areas of the house, including those designed for patrons with and without disabilities.
- Quickly check the lobby, restrooms, and other areas before the show begins and at intermission to ensure all patrons are seated.
- Quietly seat patrons in late seating areas without disturbing others during the performance.
- Maneuver through the theatre’s house and backstage areas to support patrons, ushers, and house management staff, including through many areas that have stairs.
- Lead any necessary evacuations of the space.
- Annual Salary: $35,568
- 100% coverage for HMO individual insurance
- Paid Time Off: 10 vacation days; 7 personal days; 7 sick days; 16 paid holidays
- Transit/Parking benefit
- Generous free and reduced priced tickets, classes, and summer camps
Applications must include a resumé, a list of 1-3 references, and an additional submission that expands
on your experience and why you would be a good fit for this position. This submission can take the form of a cover letter, video essay, etc. Please apply by completing this form.
Imagination Stage celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that values members of our whole community. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.