Human Resources Manager
- Part Time
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
POSITION STATUS: Regular Part Time, 25-30 hours per week
The Human Resources Manager supports the organization’s human resources processes including payroll, benefits management, recruiting, and workers comp, insurance, and royalty payments. The Human Resources Manager is a part time, salaried position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Human Resources (80%)
- Preparing and submitting monthly and bi-weekly payroll through Paycom.
- Payroll record-keeping, administrative support, training/onboarding, and reporting.
- Processing and managing Workers Comp claims and annual Workers Comp audit process.
- Support department leaders in recruiting for open positions, including helping to create job descriptions and posting job openings to IStage website and to relevant external job boards.
- Support Patron Services in onboarding volunteer ushers.
- Assisting department staff with screening of candidates and interview processes as needed.
- Administering IStage’s benefits program which entails maintaining relationships with vendors, educating staff and fielding questions, processing enrollments and changes, annually analyzing/ recommending new options and reviewing/approving vendor invoices.
- Working in conjunction with Education Program Coordinator to assure completion of background check/fingerprinting process for new hires and maintaining records of results.
- Keeping the employee handbook up to date and readily available.
- Keeping abreast of relevant local, state, and federal labor law including FLSA, minimum wage, ACA, ERISA, Sick & Safe, etc. Advising leadership of updates to relevant laws and recommended responses if needed.
- Bring any employment legal or interpersonal matters to the attention of the Managing Director.
- Supporting the staff accountant’s work completing the annual TCG survey and Data Arts Projects.
- Ensuring the execution of the annual employee performance review process.
- Planning and executing the staff Holidays & Events calendar. Working with Special Events Coordinator to execute employee events such as the Season Kick-Off Lunch, Staff Holiday Party, and Benefits Fair.
- Collaborating with the Managing Director to provide and create payroll financial analyses for projects as required.
General Administration (10%)
- Serving as primary point of contact and liaison with broker for general liability insurance
- Working with staff across departments to compile data needed for completing annual insurance renewal
- Requesting information from insurance agent as needed and at the request of executive and board leadership.
- Overseeing organization’s workers comp policy.
- Other projects/duties as assigned
Apprentice and Volunteer Program (10%)
- Updating apprentice, intern, and volunteer job descriptions and marketing materials.
- Soliciting apprentice, intern, and volunteer applications, receiving them, and sharing them with relevant departments.
- Offering apprentice orientation and providing monthly apprentice professional development experiences within the organization (brown bag on resume writing, field trips to other theatres, etc.)
- Manage Urban Alliance intern
- Work with departments on recruiting for department –specific interns
- Manage small volunteer program and coordinate with Patron Services team to help with recruiting volunteer ushers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of HR best practices and minimum 4-5 years experience working in HR or related field, preferably at a non-profit organization.
- Strong ability to work with databases/HRIS.
- Payroll processing experience with online payroll system. Paycom experience a plus.
- Experience with benefits administration strongly preferred.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience discretely handling sensitive information.
- Commitment to organization’s vision and mission
- Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility (IDEA) initiatives and values
- $40,000 annual salary
- Generous paid time off: holidays, personal time, sick days, vacation days
- Transit/Parking benefit
- Generous free and reduced priced tickets, classes, and summer camps
- For the right applicant, we will consider a partial telework schedule.
Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Imagination Stage celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that values members of our whole community. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.