Education Program Coordinator
- Full Time
REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Education
LOCATION: Bethesda, MD
FLSA Status: Exempt
POSITION STATUS: Full time, 40 hours/week – Monday through Friday.
The Education Program Coordinator (EPC) serves as teaching artist, parent liaison, and general education team member assisting with the administration and development of education programming. Responsibilities include 5-8 hours/week of teaching both on and off-site, serving as parent and staff liaison for grades K-12, contributing the logistical support and creative programming of our onsite classes and camps, designing curriculum for residency programs, and assisting with general administration such as writing contracts and new hire onboarding of teaching artists. The EPC will also assist in the summer camp management of our Musical Production Camps (for grades 5-10).
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Works with the Education Program Manager and Associate DIrector of Education to ensure smooth and efficient procedures for tuition based programming
- Serve as staff and parent liaison for Grades K-12 onsite programming. This includes coordinating lesson planning with teaching-artists and reviewing lesson plans for adherence to appropriate standards; emailing parents with welcome letters, sharing reminders, and other updates throughout the semester; and being a parent contact for questions about classes and camps (providing recommendations and/or details about our offerings).
- Coordinates logistics for each semester’s program of work onsite; creates class titles, writes descriptions, and sets up room assignments.
- Provides assistance in writing teaching artist and student production artistic position contracts
- Serve as Assistant Camp Manager for our offsite student productions: Musical Production and Showcase camps (being a liaison among parents, campers, production team, and teaching artists).
- Aid in intake calls as needed through our access and inclusion procedures.
- Aid in staffing and new teacher hiring.
- Collaborates with School Partnerships Coordinator to write residency/arts integration curriculum.
- Serve as regular Teaching-Artist Monday-Friday as part of our various morning residency programs (M-F mornings, offsite)
- EPC may teach or sub for additional classes onsite as needed
- Approximately 5-8 hours of teaching per week
- Annual Salary: $41,000 - $49,000, depending on experience
- 100% coverage for HMO individual insurance
- Paid Time Off: 10 vacation days; 7 personal days; 7 sick days; 16 paid holidays
- Transit/Parking benefit
- Generous free and reduced priced tickets, classes, and summer camps
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with ‘Education Program Coordinator” in the subject line.
Imagination Stage celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that values members of our whole community. Imagination Stage is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It does not tolerate discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.